Inspiring travel quotes can definitely arouse your wanderlust. This one for example.
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, just like every good tale begins with “Once upon a time” and every drunken nights begins with one beer.” | Lao Tzu
Well, not only this Lao Tzu guy is wise, he seems like fun.
That’s like the answer to the question of what is it that really that makes a journey a great journey… the part of your travelling experience that could overshadow the other parts, forming a general theme and shaping your memory to regard that particular trip as the ultimate travelling experience for you…
It seems to me that a great journey always involves great parties (whatever weekday binges you like to have. Beers, yoga, or both)…that’s why a place like Gili Trawangan is never run out of party-goers…just like Ubud with its yoga students and their pompous gurus; inspires and generates great stories and ever-expanding from the moment you made that first step.
To me, the most perfect journey is the one in which a traveller can make a good and inspiring travel quotes to pass on his or her wanderlust to others…and especially to the younger generations.
“I beg young people to travel. If you don’t have a passport, get one. Take a summer, get a backpack and go to Delhi, go to Saigon, go to Bangkok, go to Kenya. Have your mind blown. Eat interesting food. Dig some interesting people. Have an adventure. Be careful. Come back and you’re going to see your country differently.”
| Henry Rollins
The former frontman of 80s punk band is an avid traveller and he has special thing to say about Indonesia.
“…you go to some parts of the world, where it’s very quiet…some parts of Indonesia which is very…which is softer, more low key environment and I just found path…”
Speaking of the most inspiring travel quotes ever. Here are some of my favorites.
- So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. | Mark Twain
- Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by. | Robert Frost
- “Travel is about the people you’ll meet, not about yourself nor the one you travel with.” | Angeline Chenu
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. | Helen Keller
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” | Anais Nin
- “I don’t belong here” | Thom Yorke
- “I see that it is by no means useless to travel, if a man wants to see something new.” | Jules Verne
Many things inspire us to travel, but no matter how far and how long it takes, it starts with that one single step.
So swing it.